The Sheltering Hope Program
Escalante Roofing and Construction has been a part of the El Paso community for over 30 years. The Sheltering Hope program was implemented in 2012 to provide a family in need with a new roof, free of cost.
To show our appreciation and support for the military families in our community, Escalante Roofing and Construction partnered with roofing manufacturer Owens Corning’s Roof Deployment Project and non-profit organization Support Our Troops to determine the 2016 recipient of the Sheltering Hope program.
For the fourth year, Escalante Roofing will be re-roofing a home, free of cost, for a family in need via the Sheltering Hope program. If you or someone you know is experiencing hardship and a faulty roof is an added stress, please submit your story for a chance to have a brand-new, quality roof installed.
With deployments and training exercises, soldiers are often away from home for extended lengths of time. The periodic absences can take a toll on their families. According to Blue Star Families’ 2014 Military Family Lifestyle Survey, nearly 40 percent of military spouses feel stressed most or all of the time, and one of the top stressors is household responsibilities.
“Giving back to our local community is something we strongly believe in and have been doing as a company for the past four years,” said Jose Escalante, President of Escalante Enterprises. “With the support of Owens Corning and Support Our Troops, we were able to identify a local military family who’s very deserving of this gift as our Sheltering Hope recipient this year.”
Sheltering Hope Roof Giveaway Restrictions
- Nominee must be owner of property in question and must provide documentation proving ownership.
- Residential/Multi-Family structures only.
- Property must be within El Paso City limits.
- House/Structure must be in working order, such as sufficient structural support, free of mold, free of asbestos, etc.
- Current resident must be occupying home/structure.
- Chosen candidates will be interviewed and are subject to minor background check.
- All material, color, repair method etc. will be purchased and chosen by contractor.
For more information, click on the links below: